What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP Wnted to delete things

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please, serious help needed. I have too many photos on my precious Ipad 2 and too much music, Podcasts etc. all I dont need. I have other gizmos to cover these. Have just spent over 3 hours trying to delete all from my Ipad. Googled and Youtubed and nothing worked. I read that I needed to go into Itunes, find what I wanted under devices then go into edit and hit delete. No... got it in one... didn't work. I am no techno so please dont blind me with science, all I want to do is get rid of what I dont need and replace it with what I do want. And yes I should have bought the 64GB. All suggestions will get mega thanks...

Sorry about spelling mistake in header, wont let me amend.......

:(:(:(

Last edited:

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the easiest way to remove large amounts of content is to sync through iTunes after deselecting what you don't want. After connecting your iPad to our pc, go through the tabs at the top of the screen one by one, eg, music, then untick all the albums or artists you no longer want. Then do the same for videos, apps etc. I can't remember off hand how you do photos. I know you can either remove them from the computer folder that syncs the photos with iTunes but you may just be able to choose to not have photos at all. Then once you have unticked the unwanted content, sync, and only the content you've left selected will remain. As you untick things, you can see the coloured bars go down on the strip that indicates the amount of memory being used at the bottom of the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts