What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with set up

mattd285

iPF Noob
Reaction score
having nightmare with set up of i pad. bought in florida 2 months ago brought home, still not able to set up. must have tried 50 times to download itunes but no further instructions are forthcoming. the ipad just shows a picture of the cable and an itunes logo. what do i do next?

about to bin the thing or hide it on the shelf.

everywhere where i researched so far says its supposed to self sync?

please, before i smash it up.

regards
matt

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you serious? Plug the iPad in, turn it on, and start up iTunes. You've been banging your head against the wall for two months and didn't think to type into Google "how to set up your ipad"? LOL

Here's the first result:

How To: Set Up Your iPad the Right Way

And there are a million other results, videos, and articles thereafter.

OP
M

mattd285

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looked at the set up guide, nothing like that happens on the ipad!!

nothing happens when i plug it in at all. just a pic of power cable.

regards

m

OP
M

mattd285

iPF Noob
Reaction score
am i missing something with turning it on?

i know how to turn off, ie top and bottom button same time, slide to power off etc.

its fully charged.

regards

m

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold in the lock button until it turns on. The Apple logo will pop up.

Undaunted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same Problem...

On my Ipad I have the same problem. I get the image of plug in to iTunes, eventually I can get it to make the new item found sound and then a pop up for "Import pictures and video Wizzard" appears. I am not sure why this appears? Help, what to try next.

btw I do have a current iTunes open when this happens.

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked my calendar and it's not April fools day but please tell me this is a joke. Your iPad comes with 90 days of free support

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he wasn't joking. Notice after I told him how to turn it on he never came back.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a question have you downloaded iTunes to your PC or Mac from Apple.com. If not do so then after you install then launch itunes ok then plug in the iPad and follow instructions

If non of that is working you either have an problem with your main computer or a problem with the iPad without detailed information it is hard for us to advise.
The bottom line it works 99% of the time providing you followed the above directions. If alleles fails go to an Apple store and have it checked

Col

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a question have you downloaded iTunes to your PC or Mac from Apple.com. If not do so then after you install then launch itunes ok then plug in the iPad and follow instructions

If non of that is working you either have an problem with your main computer or a problem with the iPad without detailed information it is hard for us to advise.
The bottom line it works 99% of the time providing you followed the above directions. If alleles fails go to an Apple store and have it checked

Col

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more thing i find it strange to purchase an ipad 2 months ago and still cannot set it up that does not make sense because most people when they purchase a new device like the iPad would want to set it up straight away and if had a problem would call whom they purchased it from not wait 2 months before asking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mishka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution to iPad sync/setup stalling

Just went through this. What Mac SHOULD have told you in there minimal-as-ever instruction sheet is:
1: Ensure you have the latest operating system i.e. Mac OSX Snow Leopard. This may require buying an upgrade to your current Mac
2: Once you have spent the 2+ hours upgrading your operating system, go online and install further upgrades. What you get on the CD is not enough! This may be about a gigabyte, so allow another hour or two.
3: THEN ensure you have the latest iTunes
4: THEN plug in your ipad. It will run through everything and set up no problem.

BUT if you do NOT have the latest operating system nothing will happen. The thing will launch iPhoto and sit there forever. For some reason very few people seem to understand this problem.

Hope it helps.
  1. having nightmare with set up of i pad. bought in florida 2 months ago brought home, still not able to set up. must have tried 50 times to download itunes but no further instructions are forthcoming. the ipad just shows a picture of the cable and an itunes logo. what do i do next?
about to bin the thing or hide it on the shelf.

everywhere where i researched so far says its supposed to self sync?

please, before i smash it up.

regards
matt

Mishka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is not helpful.

One more thing i find it strange to purchase an ipad 2 months ago and still cannot set it up that does not make sense because most people when they purchase a new device like the iPad would want to set it up straight away and if had a problem would call whom they purchased it from not wait 2 months before asking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shafqat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same prob im facing

[FONT=&quot]I have the same problem. I get the image of plug in to iTunes, please help, what to try next.

[/FONT]

Most reactions