What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Gmail Please!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys ~ I am new to gmail and I need some emails I sent. I went into the Sent folder and there are only 16 Sent emails, and they are from 08', 06' which these all were forwarded from my AOL, weeks ago!

Where are my sent emails from all these weeks I have been with gmail?

I am con........fused.:(

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More than likely you need to go into mail settings and have it sync without a limit. Right now it's probably only syncing a few days. Then you need to set it to push all your folders to your iPad. At the moment it may be set to just push the inbox that means the only sent messages will have come from your iPad.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, this has nothing to do with the iPad. I am on my computer and I so need my SENT mail.:(

How are you accessing it? Thru the web page or outlook?

umm....just here on my desktop ~ Through Safari. Danny, I think it was you that suggested gmail, and I love it!! I have had it for a few weeks, and always accessed Sent Mail.

Where the hell did it go? And why is it 08'-06'?

Remember ~ desktop. Ipad is cool.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you only accessing it from the gmail website?

If you have set up gmail access on your ipad or some other client as POP3, you will HAVE to go to that client.

No, I email all the time on my iPad ~ but this in on my computer. I am not worried about the iPad.

Forget the iPad. Desktop. I always had my Sent Mail before and it wasn't 2 years old and I really needed to grab some sent emails and they are all from 2008! The ones that came from AOL. They are not even gmail emails for God's sake.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two emails with gmail. One is my work and very important. I just checked that Sent Mail, and there are only 4 in there.

Four. Out of hundreds.

I think I am gonna cry.:(

Where are they?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marie, did you send any of these from the ipad or all were sent from the desktop? You might luck out and find them on the ipad.

Hedonist222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason I have 2 sent folders and neither of them shows my sent mail (mail sent from iphone, iPad or desktop). The sent folder on my desktop shows correctly, but the sent folder(s) on my iphone/ipad dont show sent email (even if sent from iphone/ipad). I can find sent mail in the ALL MAIL which is wrong/weird.

Most reactions

Latest posts