What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a Gift Code please

TheBagwhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been given a Gift Code by a company in the UK for 10 pounds, but it seems it has to be redeemed in the UK iTunes store only. I'm in Australia and my Ipad doesn't seem to give me any options to use this Gift Code. The idea was for me to buy a particular App in the App Store to write a review for this company, so even access to iTunes may not solve the problem. I need the App store.

So I want to spend/redeem a UK 10 pound (about AUS $15.00) Gift Code in the App store from my Australian-based iPad. Can it be done? The current result is an "invalid" code, I'm guessing because the system knows I'm in Australia.

Cheers for any help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been given a Gift Code by a company in the UK for 10 pounds, but it seems it has to be redeemed in the UK iTunes store only. I'm in Australia and my Ipad doesn't seem to give me any options to use this Gift Code. The idea was for me to buy a particular App in the App Store to write a review for this company, so even access to iTunes may not solve the problem. I need the App store.

So I want to spend/redeem a UK 10 pound (about AUS $15.00) Gift Code in the App store from my Australian-based iPad. Can it be done? The current result is an "invalid" code, I'm guessing because the system knows I'm in Australia.

Cheers for any help.

Gift certificates purchased on the iTunes Store are valid for use only in the country in which they were purchased.

You would need to either move your existing account to UK or set up a new account in the UK iTunes Store, either of which would require you to also have a valid UK mailing address.

You could try to contact Apple Support: https://expresslane.apple.com/Issues.action
Perhaps they find another solution.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can create an iTunes account in the UK iTunes store if you think it's worth the effort:

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

I have accounts with several countries' iTunes stores. I just load apps onto my iDevices and switch stores when I buy or update those specific apps. To switch between accounts (once you've already created them), just sign out of one account and sign in with another.

I use a random address to create accounts in other countries. Like I used some company's address in the UK, which I googled. It's not like Apple is going to send me mail.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a bit confused about switching from one account to another. I thought I read somewhere that you can only do it once every 90 days or something? I would hate to switch from my UK account to my US account, only to find I cannot get back!! Any advice please?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a bit confused about switching from one account to another. I thought I read somewhere that you can only do it once every 90 days or something? I would hate to switch from my UK account to my US account, only to find I cannot get back!! Any advice please?

You would be creating a new account, with a different ID and password, when following KayKayKay's instructions. You wouldn't be changing your account, you'll be adding a new account and keeping your existing account.

Last edited:

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks! I do have two accounts already but, as I said, tend not to sign in and out as I had read about the restriction. Maybe it refers to some other account switching! Ahh! Maybe the restriction only applies to iMatch?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I do have two accounts already but, as I said, tend not to sign in and out as I had read about the restriction. Maybe it refers to some other account switching! Ahh! Maybe the restriction only applies to iMatch?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I've encountered no such restriction while using iTunes accounts in different countries. I sometimes switch a few times a day among countries, because I usually update apps at the same time.

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes state you can only change Id every 90 days?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iTunes state you can only change Id every 90 days?

He wouldn't be changing his ID, he would be setting up a completely separate account. The original account and it's associated ID would not be changed in any way.

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to put another id into your ipad or iphone to enter the other country's store at which point you would be locked out of your mane store for 90 days.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to put another id into your ipad or iphone to enter the other country's store at which point you would be locked out of your mane store for 90 days.

I've not encountered such probs. And as already stated on this thread, I sometimes switch among several countries' stores in one day. Lots of people switch among stores in diff countries. Maybe you just don't grasp that and are misunderstanding.

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Serch associating a device or computer to your apple id.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Serch associating a device or computer to your apple id.

Lol. Search something that I already use without problems? Hey, do whatever you like. I'll stick with works problem-free for me and plenty of others.

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave away iphone before I un locked they had trouble unlocking and gave back to me to unlock which I did buy putting my id back in .But then cud not put in their id so tuck to apple store huge say same as you till they looked at it and checked on their system.

Most reactions