What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help updating get error -5000

jrsyangl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While trying to update my iPad2, I get the message:
An error occurred while backing up this iPad(-5000). Would you like to continue to update this iPad?
Continuing will result in the loss of all content in this iPad.
ITunes is 10.5.3. I'm trying to update the iPad rom 4.3.1 to 5.
What should I do? Should I cancel and try again or must I lose "all content"? Any help would be appreciated.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi jrs...I would cancel out. Try again, but when you do--turn of the virus protection on your PC and ensure that you have saved docs/pictures by either mailing it to yourself, etc.

See this thread for trouble shooting: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

Be patient. Don't pull the plug until its complete. It took me 2 attempts and the 2nd lasted about 1hour.

OP
J

jrsyangl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I canceled out, right clicked on the iPad icon, and downloaded, or synced, or whatever purchases. Then did upgrade again and it seemed to work. Thanks for your help. Patience and perseverance is certainly needed.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out. I can't say that it was anything but fun for me or the millions trying to do it on launch day for the ios5 last October!

Well enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts