What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, trying to back up SHSH blobs

mazenmmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the apple world ( just got an Ipad 2 yesterday, 4.3.5) and wanted to back up my shsh blobs just to be safe. I downloaded TU and used it to back up the blob although it does not seem to back it up properly (see attached image). The software is shown as 4.3.5, the blob is 5gm. On all the guides I looked at, the blob number matches the firmware version. Did I do something incorrectly or am I missing something?

Thanks for your time.

shsh.png

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you got is exactly what you are entitled to, 5.0gm (and those are worthless!)

Saving blobs has NOTHING to do with the version of IOS you have on your iPad2. You can only save what Apple will provide to you when you ask today, which is 5.0.

Being a new owner of an iPad2 and having missed the 4.x firmware windows, saving blobs is pretty much a complete waste of time for you now. You have no way to every downgrade / restore back to 4.3.5 and with the release of 5.0 Apple changed the way blobs work so they can no longer be saved and reused. Sorry :(

I would suggest you upgrade to 5.0 and wait for a jailbreak to be released. Just forget about blobs! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts