What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please with new email account!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys ~

I need to set up a new email account on the Paddy here ( I love saying that! ). I have set up three and don't recall it asking stupid questions before.:mad:

After I enter my email, I hit save, then it goes to a page and wants Incoming server, out going server, POP mail. What the hell! I have no answers to that.

I'm annoyed. And grouchy:(

And while we are at it....does anyone know how to transfer contacts from aol email to outlook?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im feeling neglected. No one is helping in my allotted time frame of 30 seconds.:D

I have oodles of people to kick my new work email to which I don't have set up yet.:(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
52578b40.png

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey babe!

This incoming and outgoing server for POP email is very specific and there is no way any one here can know the settings for your work's email account. Do you have some sort of IT guru at work you can ask? What about all those studly young boys in your office who are aching to jailbreak your iPad??? Aren't they good for anything else???

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are not POP accounts. Your email has to point to very specific places on the email server. You can't be the only one at your company who has set up an email account? It is the same information that would be needed for a program like Outlook or Windows Live.

I feel pretty helpless about now! Sorry!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We all have to use outlook now. And I can't set it up on my iPad ~ it's an iPad thing, Scott. Not a computer thing. I access it just fine on all computers.

This is ridiculous.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's a start! In Outlook, if you go to Tools | Accounts | Properties and click on the Servers tab, you will see the Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail stuff you are looking for.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't make me come out to Sacramento and dope slap you with your iPad Marie! So help me I'll do it... after you buy me dinner!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's a start! In Outlook, if you go to Tools | Accounts | Properties and click on the Servers tab, you will see the Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail stuff you are looking for.

Ok. I'm not blonde anymore. So. There is no options for Tools, Accounts.....may it's an Paddy thing? perhaps on my computer it will show up?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am, but my neck hurts now!

To be honest, my work also uses the Outlook Web system (and you did not mention it was the web version.... grrrrr....) and I just use the web version instead of the actual Outlook program. You should ne able to bring it up using the same URL as you use on your computer.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh stop whining. You need the exercise.:D

Even on my computer, it takes me to that page. We access that page thru our company site.

TTSR.org

At the bottom is the Outlook button thingy.

Most reactions

Latest posts