What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please - basic icloud questions from an ipad novice!

Paul Wad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a large i-tunes database on my PC containing around 42,000 songs, a handful of pop videos and some TV shows. Around 250 songs were purchased through itunes, but all the pop videos and TV shows were purchased through itunes. I understand that if I were to sign up to icloud match only 20,000 tracks. At the moment I haven't signed up for anything.

By opening itunes on the ipad it already shows all my purchased content, but I cannot play any of it, apart from 30 second samples of the TV shows.

Could someone therefore please help with the following questions:
  1. Is it possible to set it up so that I can only access the purchased content on my ipad and will this cost anything?
  2. If I were to pay the annual fee is it possible to set icloud match up so that I can choose which tracks are matched or does it simply take the tracks in alphabetical or chronological order from my itunes database?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts