What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help~not getting FaceTime notification/alerts

Sheargoddess13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to figure out why when someone wants to FaceTime me they have to text my phone to let me know they're trying to FT my iPad 3? The volume is all the way up but I hear nothing! I can see them & answer but only if they text my phone 1st :(:rolleyes:. I have my notifications on & sounds for everything, however I dont hear anything at all? Please help. I am very new to iPad so maybe I'm missing something?

Thank you,
April

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to figure out why when someone wants to FaceTime me they have to text my phone to let me know they're trying to FT my iPad 3? The volume is all the way up but I hear nothing! I can see them & answer but only if they text my phone 1st :(:rolleyes:. I have my notifications on & sounds for everything, however I dont hear anything at all? Please help. I am very new to iPad so maybe I'm missing something?

Thank you,
April

Hi, April, and welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

I hate to be the one to ask the obvious question(s), but since I'm the first one here ... Have you turned FaceTime on in your Settings app? Or, the person who's calling calling you - are they using the correct contact e-mail?

I ask because I can't duplicate the problem. So, I'm throwing any old thing out there, see if it sticks...

Marilyn

mesquiteobite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having this exact same problem on my iPad 2. I've shut it off completely, turned it on, had someone send me a Facetime call but received no alert notification. I've checked to make sure it's not muted; I've checked settings; I've checked Notifications; I've checked the volume. Seems like the only time I get the alert is if I happen to actually be in Facetime. The only way anyone can send me a Facetime call is if they use a telephone to tell me they're going to Facetime call me. My Facetime alert was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago. My iPad is not jailbroken (whatever that means) and I seem to be getting alert notifications from other apps. I've tried everything I can think of to resolve this problem, in addition to doing extensive research online. Other people have had this problem but it seems like there is no definitive answer on how to fix this. Thank you to anyone who can help me or attempts to help me.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried a reset?

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

It probably won't do the job, but it's easy enough to be worth trying.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked in General - Sounds and also the volume which is accessed by doing the 4 finger up swipe to bring up your multi task bar, swipe right and you will find a sound control here.

Clockface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sheargoddess13 said:

Thank you,
April

Supermoderator says he has no such problem! But I miss FaceTime calls because all I get is a silent alert next time I turn onmy iPad3. Please can someone who gets noisy alerts with FaceTime tell us what settings, must app be running, etc.
Many thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Clock...

Have you gone into your settings to see whether or not your side switch is set to mute?

Verify by going to iPad settings/general/side switch. Make sure the side switch is unchecked for mute.

Clockface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Mickey,
I have the same problem! FaceTime is On in Settings. Caller is using correct email.
As you do not have this problem, please tell us: Do you get a sound alert when you are called while you iPad is switched off?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear Mickey,
I have the same problem! FaceTime is On in Settings. Caller is using correct email.
As you do not have this problem, please tell us: Do you get a sound alert when you are called while you iPad is switched off?

Yes, I do get my iPad ringing when it is turned off. When an incoming FaceTime call comes in that is how it alerts.

Clockface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Clock...

Have you gone into your settings to see whether or not your side switch is set to mute?

Verify by going to iPad settings/general/side switch. Make sure the side switch is unchecked for mute.

Sideswitch was set to mute. I have reset to lock orientation.
I have also tried to reset, by holding down top and bottom button until apple appears.

Now I just have to wait for a call, unless you have other advice.

thanks for your prompt response.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should work now. I bet you that was the problem. Do you have an iPod to FaceTime with yourself?

Let us know, clock!

Most reactions

Latest posts