What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed please

Tonyfoxey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone please help me I have a ipad air and I've changed my home screen to a photo of the sea and cliffs and it's great but I now have a grey band at the bottom of the screen and can't get rid of it and it looks silly as it is covering over my photo is there any way I can get rid of it many thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me I have a ipad air and I've changed my home screen to a photo of the sea and cliffs and it's great but I now have a grey band at the bottom of the screen and can't get rid of it and it looks silly as it is covering over my photo is there any way I can get rid of it many thanks
Welcome to iPad Forums, the best iPad forum anywhere!

The band at the bottom of the home screen is permanent and can't be removed. It's a standard feature of the home screen in iOS 7. The colour of this band varies, depending on the colour of that part of the image being used as wallpaper.

This band is where the dock is located, occupied with those app icons that remain stationary when you change home screens.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Just to make sure, look at the attached pic (from the web) - does your 'grey band' have icons as shown? If so, then Scifan57 has already provided an explanation, i.e. your dock - now if not, can you take a 'screen capture' and post back to this thread? Dave

iOS-7-iPad-Home-screen-FaceTime-icon.png

OP
T

Tonyfoxey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi yes thanks very much for all your help yes that is the band and I don't like it must be honest spoils the photo I have a iPhone and Haven't updated to ios7 as not getting on with is as well as ios6 maybe as time goes by it will become easier to use

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi yes thanks very much for all your help yes that is the band and I don't like it must be honest spoils the photo I have a iPhone and Haven't updated to ios7 as not getting on with is as well as ios6 maybe as time goes by it will become easier to use

Thanks for the like - you might want to just 'experiment' w/ different images and appearances - but the dock is a built-in feature. Good luck - Dave :)

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, the best iPad forum anywhere!

The band at the bottom of the home screen is permanent and can't be removed. It's a standard feature of the home screen in iOS 7. The colour of this band varies, depending on the colour of that part of the image being used as wallpaper.

This band is where the dock is located, occupied with those app icons that remain stationary when you change home screens.

Very well said. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts