What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed...new user

Kelly49953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...just got my ipad today. I did the sync with itunes from my home computer. I had music on my home computer that I had downloaded in iTunes. When I go to iTunes on my iPad, I can't find any of my music. Does the music i had downloaded sync to the iPad? The itunes screen on my iPad looks totally different than it does on my home computer. What am i missing here? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Wolf68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure your iTunes on you computer is updated to the latest software ( though I am sure it is). When you connect you iPad, iTunes will show that you are connected, indicated on the left side of the iTunes display. By clicking on your device, you open up options for what you want to sync. Go to the music section and choose what music (all songs or just specific albums). Maybe the reason your iTunes library is not syncing to your iPad is you have to identify how to manage your music when the iPad is connected. As you will see, you can also managed movies, videos, photos, etc. Hope this helps.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you know this, so please forgive me if you do, but just in case.....

Music sync'd from your PC to your iPad does not end up in the iPad's iTunes app (that would be far too easy!) - it ends up in the iPad's iPod app.

They did this just to confuse users and keep people like me in work.....

Have fun and enjoy your iPad.....

Tim
Scotland

OP
K

Kelly49953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thanks for the input!!! It worked! I had no idea that my music had went to the IPOD app instead of Itunes! I love this forum!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out Kelly!

When you get some time, I suggest you download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,i dont know what happen,my i ipad is not working,it just appear on the screen i tunes with the usb what can i do?thanks............

Is this a brand-new iPad? If so, then the iPad is telling you that you need to connect it to your PC using the USB cable that came with it and sync it using iTunes on your PC. It doesn't take long. If you don't have a PC then the Apple Store will do this for you. If you have a PC make sure you have the latest version of the iTunes software.

iTunes will initialise your iPad and (optionally) transfer all your contacts, calendar and email settings to your new iPad....

If you keep having problems, get back in touch and we'll help.

Oh - I nearly forgot.....

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions