What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed. How do I download Excel 2007 to my Ipad?

woodie08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help as a new member. It is my second day nd I have successfully Jail Broke my Ipad 1. However, how do I get Iworks or a microsoft excel on to my Ipad? I have excel files and would like to make changes and allow my Ipad to have access to them.

woodie in America

Reaction score
Jail breaking does not help in any way to access excel files.

However, you could use an app, such as Numbers to open them. But keep in mind, that there is no real full desktop equivalent of excel, all excel apps will have reduced functionality.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Hayles66 said:
I've got that! Please tell me why I should go back to that, I've got more numbers docs now!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

google search came up with that and says it opens the needed files that needs to be opened

I just use my iPad for surfing the net and emails :p

I use my netbook for other stuff, as I can type a lot faster on a proper keyboard, plus a trackpad is better and more accurate than prodding the screen lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wytey said:
google search came up with that and says it opens the needed files that needs to be opened

I just use my iPad for surfing the net and emails :p

I use my netbook for other stuff, as I can type a lot faster on a proper keyboard, plus a trackpad is better and more accurate than prodding the screen lol

well that was useful!!!

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
The whole thing is that you cannot install Excel 2007 on an iPad, jailbroken or not. Until Microsoft itself creates an iOS version of their office suite you will have to use something else.

Personally, I prefer Documents To Go Premium. Been around since the Palm Pilot days and is (from my experience) the most compatible.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used to use office2 on iPhone but since getting iPad and iworks, I use it all the time! It's interesting everyone has their own preferences. I suppose it depends on what you need it for!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Documents To Go is my app of choice for dealing with my MS Office files, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. I use it daily!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Documents To Go is my app of choice for dealing with my MS Office files, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. I use it daily!

I'm afraid, Leigh, that by the time I had bought office2 for iPhone, then iworks on iPad, I had run out of money. Give me a good reason for buying this as well, please?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cos I said so Hayles. What other reason do you need?
Seriously though, I work in a MS Office centric environment, so need no nonsense Office compatibility and the flexibility of wireless sync, dropbox, and google docs integration all in one suits me best. Works great on my iPad and iPhone at the same time too...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Cos I said so Hayles. What other reason do you need?
Seriously though, I work in a MS Office centric environment, so need no nonsense Office compatibility and the flexibility of wireless sync, dropbox, and google docs integration all in one suits me best. Works great on my iPad and iPhone at the same time too...

so, I work in school environment and it's office 2007, I'm better of with docs to go. Okay how much?

Love talking to you Leigh!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
so, I work in school environment and it's office 2007, I'm better of with docs to go. Okay how much?

Love talking to you Leigh!

9.99 I think...

Most reactions

Latest posts