What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me iPad users! need some input for a research project.

elswaino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.*
I'm doing a research project as part of my first year Product Design degree.*
I am looking for tablet users to help identify key problems in various operating systems available for tablets and smartphones, i.e. android, windows 7 and the apple OS for iPad, and the key features that would be most desirable for the optimum OS. I want to know how people interact with these devices and their operating systems and need users to point out key flaws and points of improvement as part of my primary research.

Hope you can help,
Tom

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tom ,
Well I use mine for games and general Internet ,my biggest issues is flash player not installed or web sites not using HTML 5 which would make
Bulky Flash redundant on iPad.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think with tablets in general so far, my biggest complaint would be lack of an accurate pen-input. i know that capacitive screens favour ease of use and true "touch" over accuracy offered by resistive displays.

htc seems to be doing something about that with their upcoming tablet, but as of now it still stands as a problem.

for the ipad, i think my two biggest complaints would be lack of true multitasking, lack of flash and a lock screen that provides zero information. again, honeycomb seems to be solving this for android, but apple needs to step up and fix this for the ipad.

Reaction score
Hi Tom,

To what extend do you plan on doing the survey. Because if you wanted more users to participate, setting up a Poll would be a great idea to achieve this.

Anyway, my main thoughts are:

-Portability is great. Can be used on the couch for the comfy evenings.

-a virtual keyboard does by no means reach the comfortability and speed of a real keyboard.

-Flash is not important, but a major bummer is the lack of scrolling within popups (it is not existent)

-USB and SD slot should be standard.

-Office apps ala Numbers exist, but are difficult and slow to use and also lack many formatting options.

How about taking any thoughts you have, plus the more prevalent responses and use those as a base for a poll?

Btw. this response is aimed at iOS.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's great as a semi-Mac but it's still not a complete computer without jailbreaking. It's the top of the class forgetting the fact that it could have become a Mac Tablet.
I don't have a iPod touch to do other things so the big screen can be annoying except for the keyboard and when watching YouTube, Netflix and when playing games

Sorry if my English is terrible

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tom - I think you'll find there's no shortage of users willing to share their experiences about using devices, but have you considered designing and setting up a survey so that this data can be collected in a less piecemeal fashion?

Most reactions