What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!! iTunes/iPhone/iPad

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive had my iphone for a year now.... Other then to listen to music I honestly do not understand how to work iTunes.. I didnt even know you could back up your phone data until iOS5 came out...

Im getting a new iPad and I would like to have SOME of the same apps on my iPad and maybe the songs.... Im not interested in the pics.... how can I set up the iPad to transfer only what I want? Also in future how do it make sure whatever isnt on each doesnt end up going on anyway? (I hope that makes sense).

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Albertan.

Make sure the option to automatically sync apps is not set. You can dig around in iTunes right now to find out where the various options are, so when you get your iPad you will be ready.

All of the apps that you have bought for your iPhone will be usable on your iPad, and as you have already paid for them, you don't need to pay again. Just click on your iPad in iTunes and then select the APPS tab. Check off the ones you want and then hit SYNC. That's pretty much it.

Give us a shout of you need anything else.

OP
F

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im embarassed to say that I have been searching since you posted this to see if the automatically sync apps option is set or not...... I need an itunes manual... is there one????

souljer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im getting a new iPad and I would like to have SOME of the same apps on my iPad and maybe the songs.... Im not interested in the pics.... how can I set up the iPad to transfer only what I want? Also in future how do it make sure whatever isnt on each doesnt end up going on anyway? (I hope that makes sense).

I had the same question. Been using iTunes for a couple of years but have pre ordered a new iPad. Thanks for the answers.

D

Most reactions

Latest posts