What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help for the converted

colinj09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am already an iPhone user for work and play, but just about to acquire an iPad 16gb, or 32gb.

Can anyone tell me which is best for an average user?

I have plenty of apps on my computer and they synch with my iPhone 3g. Will they also synch with my new iPad, or shall I have to buy them/download them all again?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The main thing to consider about the size of the iPad is:
a) Your budget
b) How much "stuff" you plan on keeping on your iPad

To give you an example, here is a graphical representation of my 16gb iPad --

ipad67.jpg

For Audio, I have 824 songs, some of which are full symphonies so they take up quite a bit more room than an "average" pop song.

For Video, these take up the most room. I have 7 videos and only 1 is a full length feature film. The rest are YouTube clips and 1 TV program. If you plan on keeping a lot of feature length films on your iPad, get the largest one you can afford!

For Photos, I have 644 so you can see they don't take up a lot of room.

For Apps, I have 68.

For Books, I have about 45 in the iBooks app so you can see they take up very little room.

The Other category is mostly books and other "stuff" stored by other apps.

Hope this helps!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need at least 3GB of Free Space

I am already an iPhone user for work and play, but just about to acquire an iPad 16gb, or 32gb.

Can anyone tell me which is best for an average user?

I have plenty of apps on my computer and they synch with my iPhone 3g. Will they also synch with my new iPad, or shall I have to buy them/download them all again?

My 64 GB has 24 GB of apps.
I just this moment deleted 200 iphone/ipod Touch apps off it as I hate crappy 2X displays. I still have about 690 apps

I also have a lot of video and several novels in audio format.

I have documents, books, and more that take up a ton of room.

All told when I last synced I managed to free up 9.9 GB of free space. I don't feel very comfortable when free space drops to 3 GB or less.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you can afford the 32gb model go for it. Not certain I could handle 16 even with streaming video.
You'll be surprised by the uses you find for it.

Most reactions

Latest posts