What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!!! Downloading App stuck on "waiting"

tangerines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help,

I have tried all of the advice on this forum and to no avail.

Any app I try to download is stuck on "waiting" the icon is blank and stuck, it will not progress.

I have tried:
1. Double tapping
2. resetting all settings
3. logging out of itunes account
4. hard and soft reset
5. using iFile and deleting all data in var/mobile/media/downloads
6. Looking in itunes for stuck downloads - i dont have any pending podcasts.

I don't want to do a complete restore, so wondering if there are any other solutions to this problem.

This problem just started today, it was fine before then.
My ipad is jailbroken.

Thanks in advance:eek:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to delete the "stuck" app? Oftentimes, that works - and then you can just re-install it.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, try holding the app til it shakes, then remove the app and re-download it. Sometimes double tapping it you should see the signal on top loading for data. But if you're internet connection is slow like mine, it will take a couple minutes to react once the swirl is spinning of course. Make sure you're logged in from the Settings in App Store.

OP
T

tangerines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The stuck blank app does not have an x over it so I can't delete it, the only way to make it disappear is to restart my ipad. Then I will try to redownload it from the appstore, and the same thing happens - or sometimes it will say "you have already purchased this app but it hasn't been download etc". Now all the apps I try to download is all blank and stuck at waiting...

I have good wifi at home - I can load webpages, watch youtube, on my ipad with no problems. So the connection shouldn't be the problem...

I installed mewseek right before it happened, also copy and pasted a song into my mewseek folder and tried to import it into music and it didn't work. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be great- it sucks not being able to download from the app market!.. Thanks guys

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The stuck blank app does not have an x over it so I can't delete it, the only way to make it disappear is to restart my ipad. Then I will try to redownload it from the appstore, and the same thing happens - or sometimes it will say "you have already purchased this app but it hasn't been download etc". Now all the apps I try to download is all blank and stuck at waiting...

I have good wifi at home - I can load webpages, watch youtube, on my ipad with no problems. So the connection shouldn't be the problem...

I installed mewseek right before it happened, also copy and pasted a song into my mewseek folder and tried to import it into music and it didn't work. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be great- it sucks not being able to download from the app market!.. Thanks guys

Try leaving the icon alone stuck in awaiting and go to Settings and go to Store -> Apple ID -> Sign out -> & then Sign back in . If the problem persist then connect to itunes and download it in the iTunes App store and then sync your phone (with sync'd app box checked in phone profile). And see if that helps.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If all else fails, this process usually works for me...

1. Sign out of the App store in Settings > Store
2. Turn Airplane mode ON
3. Power OFF the iPad
4. Reboot your broadband / wifi router and wait for it to restart (sometimes they do get stuck!)
5. Power ON the iPad
6. Turn Airplane mode OFF
7. Sign in to the App Store again

Normally this kick starts the installation again. Let us know if it works for you.

OP
T

tangerines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done a fresh restore, set up as new ipad and got my apps back by syncing with itunes. Everything is running as smooth as butter now.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated! :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts