What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello x34!

anotheramanda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just selected to pilot ipads in my classroom, and although I'm pretty capable with technology in general, I had never actually touched an ipad before. Sad. I know. Do you remember your life without an iPad?

Well, I got mine last week, and the class set will be at my school by the end of next week, so I'm furiously working to learn how to use the ipad so I don't look like too much a fool in front of my students! I joined this community because every time I googled a problem, someone here had posted the clearest answer. You guys are awesome!

I've been coveting an ipad for a long time, and I'm really excited to have the devices available to my students. Now comes the challenge of using them as thoroughly as possible!

If you have ideas for ways to use the iPads with older (11- to 14-yr-old) students, I'd love to hear them!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just selected to pilot ipads in my classroom, and although I'm pretty capable with technology in general, I had never actually touched an ipad before. Sad. I know. Do you remember your life without an iPad?

Well, I got mine last week, and the class set will be at my school by the end of next week, so I'm furiously working to learn how to use the ipad so I don't look like too much a fool in front of my students! I joined this community because every time I googled a problem, someone here had posted the clearest answer. You guys are awesome!

I've been coveting an ipad for a long time, and I'm really excited to have the devices available to my students. Now comes the challenge of using them as thoroughly as possible!

If you have ideas for ways to use the iPads with older (11- to 14-yr-old) students, I'd love to hear them!

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

One thing you might want to do before handing out the iPads to your students is to set some restrictions - such as not allowing them to install or delete apps, possibly not use YouTube, access to Safari (the web browser) and all those 'dubious' web sites, if they'll have email, not allowing them to set up new accounts or delete existing ones etc etc.

You can get access to all this under the 'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions' where you can set a pass code (which only you know!). I'm sure you'll get a load more suggestions too about the use of iPads in class.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

anotheramanda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Tim! I'm putting together my intro for the students this week, and I'll definitely include your suggestions! The school's IT department assures me that all the right stuff will be locked down, but we'll have to check it out.

Again, thanks!

Most reactions