What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello for the UK ... and a question too

wbmkk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello from the UK ... and a question too

I am seriously considering buying an ipad2, which will be my first ever Apple product.

I am developing web sites, so will need it to show prospective clients.

I'll get the 3G model so I'll be able to go online wherever I am, assuming there will be coverage.

If this is not possible, I am right in assuming (just like a laptop) I can save the html files on the machine and view these too. At least thenm I could show a website, albeit not the live version, but near enough.

Is this correct ?

thanks

William

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am seriously considering buying an ipad2, which will be my first ever Apple product.

I am developing web sites, so will need it to show prospective clients.

I'll get the 3G model so I'll be able to go online wherever I am, assuming there will be coverage.

If this is not possible, I am right in assuming (just like a laptop) I can save the html files on the machine and view these too. At least thenm I could show a website, albeit not the live version, but near enough.

Is this correct ?

thanks

William

As far as I know it is not possible to save HTML files from the iPad's native browser Safari. That's the bad news.

The good news is that you can use a 'bookmarklet' to save any web page as a PDF document and then view that using the iPad's iBooks PDF reader. That's the good news.

So, basically, you won't have any problem!!

Welcome to the Forum

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use GoodReader app for jpegs and pdf's, plus you can annotate them at the same time.
Use vpn to your home computer or save screenshots into a keynote presentation.
Take notes and keep an audio record of your meetings with NoteTaker HD or Notify+.
Draw mind maps with Popplet or MindNode. Draw sketches with Penultimate or Adobe Sketch.
Take a good trawl through these forums for other suggestions.

Most reactions

Latest posts