What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone!

Do you think tablets will fundamentally change the educational delivery of content?

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's just the latest technology fad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ray Brannon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectyourgadgets.com
I have always been an early adopter of new technology- a TRS80, a Northstar with a CPM operating system, the first PC and all the iterations of widows:mad:, Mac AIR and now the glorious game-changing iPad.:)

I am a college professor who spent 30 years in the software industry and am authoring and teaching a college level course in social media. I am using my iPad extensively in and out the classroom and would like to collaborate with the efforts of others in the transformational and revolutionary paradigm shift in the educational delivery system.

Like most of my fellow path- finders and innovators, I am in the experimental phase that causes headaches to the college technology coordinators and Blackboard administrators.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - the TRS80 - that takes me back. A great machine and way ahead of its time. I was a college professor for 25 years but then moved on to become a consultant (that's almost a derogatory term these days!) but I was in digital communications and signal processing. You're right, the iPad has the potential to transform the educational experience. I'm sure there are many of us in the Forum who would love to keep in touch with your progress in beating back the forces of darkness.

Tim
Scotland

OP
R

Ray Brannon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectyourgadgets.com
Apps and education

Will do, Tim. At the moment I am very pleased with the Slideshare remote app for PowerPoint. I use authorshare.com to put my classroom presentations online ( complete with seamless YouTube and audio clips) and move around the classroom or lecture hall with my iPad in hand. Since the display shows the next slide and any accompanying notes, I don't have to turn around and reference the screen to segway to the next slide. Great for consultant group presentations as well. I am that too. Remember, consultants ARE the harbingers of what is new!

BTW. My favorite video on changing educational paradigms can be found at
YouTube.

It is titled RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms

homeschooltablet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From personal experience it is wonderful to catch my children playing an "educational" game on the iPhone. The problem I am having is that I have to search out for individual apps. I believe there will be more in the future but right now it is very disjointed.

Most reactions

Latest posts