What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphones for ipad?

KellyinHolland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any recommendations? I've been looking at Bluetooth headphones but decent ones are quite expensive. Any recommendations gratefully received!

Thanks
Kelly

OP
K

KellyinHolland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KellyinHolland said:
Any recommendations? I've been looking at Bluetooth headphones but decent ones are quite expensive. Any recommendations gratefully received!

Thanks
Kelly

Sorry should have mentioned I'm looking for the DJ style headphones, not the in-your-ear headphones, thanks!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kelly,

Going wireless is expensive, even more so if you're not willing to give up good sound quality. (Bluetooth does not yet equal the range of wired headphones, at least not in its generic form.)

Having said that, I'm a fan of Sennheiser products. They have a pair of bluetooth foldable headphones (PX 210 BT) that are excellent. (Sell for $145-$170 USD in the US). However, Sennheiser suggests using a dongle with the iPad to get the best possible sound. That adds another ($83) to the price.

If you're looking for something much less expensive, you're willing to give up a wireless feature, and want something very portable, I'd recommend the Sennheiser PX-100ii foldable headphones for use with the iPad. They fold into a size you can carry in a shirt pocket and produce sound of phones twice the price. (They're about $60 USD). If you want a closed design take a look at the PX 200ii. They're a bit more money and provide somewhat more sound isolation.

If you're looking for true DJ style (with swivel ear pieces) Sennheiser has a number of models available there, as well. They get good reviews but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts