What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphone problem

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have successfully transferred all my music to my iPad and they play well wih the speaker. But when I plug in the headphone - standard jack that I use on my computer - the speaker contines but no sound from the headphones. Is there a special jack required? Or have I failed to do something simple?
Andrew

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

And welcome to your initiation into the wonderful world of the extremely tight headphone jack on the iPad. Any "normal" set of earphones, headphones, earbuds with a 3.5mm stereo plug will work with your iPad, but it takes a little extra "oomph" to make sure it is plugged all the way in.

Good luck!

OP
S

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Abd even more 'ooomph' needed to extract it. Works fine and as I have a small Bose extension that'll stay permanently attached. Now to get some bluetooth speakers.
Thanks Mr President for your help
Andrew

Most reactions