What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headache with iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received an iPad 2 as a gift last week. I am loving it so far; however, I've noticed that since I've had it that I've been getting frequent headaches, especially when reading on the screen. I checked out the iPad mini and iPad 4 a couple of days ago at Best Buy. I love the size of the mini (I also have a Nexus 7), and really liked the screen resolution of the iPad 4. I can return the iPad 2 to Walmart (my son works there-he's the one that bought the iPad 2 for me) and exchange it for either the mini or iPad 4 and receive a 10% discount; however, I really don't have the extra money to put with buying the 4; I would get some money back if I got the Mini, but I'm hesitant on getting that one because, wouldn't that be considered a downgrade from the iPad 2? I would be worried that the Mini would give me a headache, even though the screen is smaller.

For those who have gone from having an iPad 2 to the iPad Mini, do you notice a difference in the screen resolution? Does it seem more easy on the eyes (although they both have the same resolution)? I like the size of the Mini a lot but it may be redundant to get it since I already have a Nexus 7, which I plan on keeping. Or, is it worth springing the extra $140.00 after returning the iPad 2 and get a iPad 4?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A mini is not a downgrade from an iPad 2....it is mostly an iPad 2. It has a higher ppi because it has the same number of pixels as the iPad 2, but they are stuffed into a smaller space, meaning the characters are better formed. The mini has an 720 p front camera which the iPad 2 doesn't. It also has the new lightning connector, which the iPad 2 doesn't. Also, it is smaller and smaller stuff general cost more.

I have a nexus 7 too but the mini is not redundant IMO because there are lots of apps on the mini that you can't get for the Nexus 7. And iOS is simply a smoother experience than Android.

As to whether you want the 4 vs the 2, the 4 is the most powerful tablet on the planet. It is heavier, but it pays you back with high res graphics and raw power. You have to decide if playing the extra is worth it to you (for me, there would be no question, get the 4 over the 2). As for the mini...that is a harder question. You can see in my sig how I dealt with that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts