What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

he Ipad could be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

skajwa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought an iPad with 3.2 JB. At home I tried to restore itunes 10.1 and 3.2 fw, but it was not working. I downloaded itunes 9.2.1 and I tried to put 3.2.2 with option button and from itunes too. I've that message: "The Ipad could be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." My iPad can't reboot just stuck the apple logo on the screen. Hard reset does not work. Please help!!!

Ipadlvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought an iPad with 3.2 JB. At home I tried to restore itunes 10.1 and 3.2 fw, but it was not working. I downloaded itunes 9.2.1 and I tried to put 3.2.2 with option button and from itunes too. I've that message: "The Ipad could be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." My iPad can't reboot just stuck the apple logo on the screen. Hard reset does not work. Please help!!!

I'm very new at this myself so it may be the blind leading the blind but since you've gone 2 days without a response, perhaps I can try. I have a similar setup (iPad 3.2.2 Limera1n JB, Cydia/Appync.... using iTunes 10.1 on XP Pro).

That said, if the person you purchased from won't/can't help you, I'd need very specific info to try - more is always better with detail.... I can skip-read if you get too verbose but that's better than scratching my noggin trying to figure out what you really did:

1) specific setup at time of purchase.
2) What do you mean by restoring "iTunes". Did you have a back-up of this device already?
3) Basically, everything you did and what happened.

I'll keep an eye on your post for the next day or so....

-ipadlvr.

Most reactions