What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having a hard time adjusting from 64gb to 32gb ipad mini

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I sold my old iPad mini64GB for the iPad mini wRD. I had to go with the 32GB though to cut back on the price. Well now I'm kicking myself thinking for only $100 more I could get double the storage. Ive already gotten the low storage error. 272 mb left and only 5 songs on here so far. I'm a gamer and a music guy so I'm thinking I can't live with the 27GB of storage. Will Apple allow me to return this and pay the difference to the 64GB model? I hear there's going to be sales on Friday on Apple.com wondering if the mini wRD will be discounted and I could get the 64GB that day? I guess I'm quickly realizing I am becoming a one device guy. I can do everything from my iPad that I need to so I guess thinking about it as my primary computing device $600 isn't as hard to swallow. I might sell my windows 8 laptop to help offset the difference too as it not been getting used anymore. Idk if I'm crazy but I feel like the iPad mini wRD is so good it makes me feel like no matter what the cost it's worth it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All I can say I feel you. That's why i'm throwing down for the 128GB model. I'm going to be dumping some devices soon, too.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can return a device within the 14-day window, for any reason.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hear ya, I went with the 32gb just like last time but added cellular support so that ate up the 64gb storage money. Honestly, for how little I actually use the cell data I probably should have got the 64 GB wifi model. Oh well. It just requires a little more intensive space management. You can always find apps and songs you aren't using right now.

For any newbies out there, think long and hard about storage space.... The more the merrier pretty much everytime. Resale is better too.

OP
T

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I won't have any issues walking into the Apple store and they'll just charge me the extra $100 for the 64GB? That sounds like the best idea right now as I'm literally hitting the low storage space everyday. Also I would really like to restore my previous 45GB iPad mini backup, something I couldn't do with the 32GB.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I won't have any issues walking into the Apple store and they'll just charge me the extra $100 for the 64GB? That sounds like the best idea right now as I'm literally hitting the low storage space everyday. Also I would really like to restore my previous 45GB iPad mini backup, something I couldn't do with the 32GB.

Nope, you should be fine. As long as you are within the return policy window and have all the paperwork and box, yer good to go.

OP
T

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I could tell I wasn't going to be happy with my $499 purchase unless I spent the extra $100. It might be highway robbery for apple to charge so much for the capacity increases but I'm so happy with this iPad I can't complain too much.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I could tell I wasn't going to be happy with my $499 purchase unless I spent the extra $100. It might be highway robbery for apple to charge so much for the capacity increases but I'm so happy with this iPad I can't complain too much.

And that is exactly why it is not highway robbery. You (and me) are willing to pay these prices. Apple will be perfectly happy to let you keep your 32gb device or even return it. :)

Jackski57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went for the 128GB mini with retina in White and wifi as I can tether my ipad to iPhone if I need 3G

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And that is exactly why it is not highway robbery. You (and me) are willing to pay these prices. Apple will be perfectly happy to let you keep your 32gb device or even return it. :)

It's not robbery, but it would be nice if the entry level $499 model was 32 GB and went up from there. Oh well.

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a curiosity question if I may? What are you doing to use all that space? I have an old 32g iPad 2 that I've had almost two years and I still have 17 g available.

No music though, I use Pandora at home and Sirius on the motorcycle. I use the iPad all the time for movies and TV (Dish) and a big bunch of Apps.

Remember I'm not finding fault just wondering.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have no movies or music on my iPad. However, I have about 300 apps. Lots of photos (4GB), Navigon as nearly 2GB in maps, Goodreader has over 4GB on PDFs, iBooks has 5.2 GB, Waite's Birds 1.2GB, CR Mag (1.6GB), Spotify 1.1 GB, Starfront, 1GB, AirSupremacy 1GB, etc. I have lots of magazines that eat up GBs. Too long to list it all. And I have taken most of the games off, too.

Jackski57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first ipad the mini so I got as much space as possible , I don't know what at the moment I will put on it as still getting used to it that's why I came on here
Going to transfer all films and photo who knows what else I love my mini ret just the right size

Most reactions