What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have anybody experiences this behavior on your iPad2?

elau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all this is my 1st post and I have been reading many threads and learning many new things about my iPad, absolutely love the tablet :)

My iPad2 is only couple months old and I noticed when I am surfing the web, my iPad will occasionally black out and booted me back to the main Home Page of the iPad (where all the app icons are). Now, there are two things I want to point out:

I use Diigo Browser (a slim down version of the Google Chrome) instead of Safari. I am not sure if the browser is the problem.

I notice it happens more often while I am in FaceBook. Maybe FB app is conflicting with Diiog?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you're experiencing is the app you are using "crashing." You aren't informed of this because Apple does everything possible to conceal such problems from the user. The source of the problem may be the app you are using. Or it may be a conflict between the FB app and your browser. Finally, it may simply be that iOS is unable to manage your memory (ram) appropriately and crashes the application. Short of some diagnostic (i.e. debugging) tools, there's no way for a user to determine the source of the problem. I'd suggest that you report the problem to the developer of your browser. They may not be in a position to fix it, but of the various parties involved they stand the best chance.

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a pain in the arse sometimes. Alot of apps do it. I'm afraid it's something we have to live with.

wydelode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest purging all the formerly-running placeholders in the popup list that appears when you doubleclick the home button, then hold down the power button to choose the shutdown command for your iPad. Wait for the shutdown to finish, then press the power button and wait for the iPad to fully start up again.

If you try the funky "stripped down" browser, and it still crashes, go back to Safari or Opera. Please let me know if the full shutdown/restart works for you with the browser you're trying out...

Most reactions

Latest posts