What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone dropped their iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually a few weeks after a device/phone has launched someone shows up with a cracked screen. So Im just wondering if any one had a unexpected case of butter fingers or slicks thumbs and has dropped iPad 2 yet? I dropped mine but it magically hovered an inch above ground before inpact and I was able to grab it!! :D Nah, but seriously, I know its bound to happen for someone, Im curious the durablity of the new thin design. Any drops yet? ( Or near fatal drops?)

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have never dropped my iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch and now the iPad2. I've always been extremely careful with my portable devices.
And so far, so good (fingers crossed).

OP
EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thinking of this makes me cringe! Lol

Im the same way. When I see photos of drops or if Im out and I see expensive devices all scratched up, I just shake my head..what a shame!
Im so careful with all my devices, people are amazed when I show them something that I had for years. Also, My resell value and my wallet benefits from this tedious OCD behavior of mine ;)

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad fell about 5 feet onto a wooden floor face down. Did not suffer a single mark. I have yet to drop my Ipad 2 and am trying to find a case as we speak.

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not yet, but almost had it squashed. My mother was visiting this weekend and I showed her how to read the news. She got up from the couch and put it on the seat(!) of the couch! Not only might I have sat on it (I had just gotten up from that spot and was heading back to it), but it is my dogs' favorite spot to jump up on.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually a few weeks after a device/phone has launched someone shows up with a cracked screen. So Im just wondering if any one had a unexpected case of butter fingers or slicks thumbs and has dropped iPad 2 yet? I dropped mine but it magically hovered an inch above ground before inpact and I was able to grab it!! :D Nah, but seriously, I know its bound to happen for someone, Im curious the durablity of the new thin design. Any drops yet? ( Or near fatal drops?)

I noticed a post where one unfortunate new owner had a pyrex measuring cup fall from a cupboard, and smashed the gorilla glass near the button. I wondered about two things, why store a heavy glass item over the counter... and why was the iPad2 sitting underneath it. The owner was not happy, obviously.

Last edited:
OP
EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
I noticed a post where one unfortunate new owner had a pyrex measuring cup fall from a cupboard, and smashed the gorilla glass near the button. I wondered about two things, why store a heavy glass item over the counter... and why was the iPad2 sitting underneath it. The owner was not happy, obviously.

Damn that's sad! I'm so bad that even though I keep Bodyguardz on the back of my devices yet I still on lay them on magazines and stuff like that. However I don't use screen protectors on any of my devices, go figure! I've never had a scratch tho...( I probably shouldn't have just said that, gulp!)

JadamPhoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped mine from about four, five feet up onto concrete. Make a bit of a nic on the aluminum. You can see a minor separation of the aluminum from the glass around the nic. Nothing major. No cracked screen. Still works like new.

Oh yea, and no case on it other than the smart cover.

Gkauf3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cracked My Ipad2

I dropped my Ipad 2 about 30 minutes ago & it cracked the screen as well as some abrasions at the corner where it hit the concrete floor. It fell less than two feet but is nicely cracked for sure!

So what's the best route for me to follow here? I did buy Apple Care but I suspect it won't cover it.

FYI: I was holding the iPad along with a couple of books in one hand - the smart cover is only secured by magnet and I think the IPad slid out from under the cover. So next time I'll have a protective case...

OP
EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gkauf3 said:
I dropped my Ipad 2 about 30 minutes ago & it cracked the screen as well as some abrasions at the corner where it hit the concrete floor. It fell less than two feet but is nicely cracked for sure!

So what's the best route for me to follow here? I did buy Apple Care but I suspect it won't cover it.

FYI: I was holding the iPad along with a couple of books in one hand - the smart cover is only secured by magnet and I think the IPad slid out from under the cover. So next time I'll have a protective case...

Man..sorry to hear the bad news. AppleCare doesn't protect against user damage, to get it fix they will probably damn near charge you what a new one will cost. Me personally I would sell it as broken on eBay, hopefully get $200 or more for it and use that to buy a new one. If the prices on eBay isn't going how you like it you can always end the auction. So check to see how much apple charges to repair vs selling and buying a new one.
Good luck, keep us posted, I'm curious on what apple charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts