What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard drive crash - lost iTunes

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My hard drive crashed recently and have just reinstalled Windows and a fresh install of iTunes.
I connected my iPad, hoping that I can do a one way sync from the iPad. Looks like if I do a sync
I will lose all my data on the iPad. Is there a way correct this? I do have an old backup of my Windows drive,
But don,t know if that can help. Any suggestions please .???

aCaDiAlalala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm Not an expert at this stuff but...
One of the two things you can always do is call apple customer service or go to your local apple store!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure the computer is authorized by going to the Store menu in iTunes and authorize the computer.

When you plug in the iPad, cancel out of the dialog that says for you to sync/erase. Then right click on the iPad under the devices list and choose Transfer Purchases. This normally stops the erase problem.

OP
N

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure the computer is authorized by going to the Store menu in iTunes and authorize the computer.

When you plug in the iPad, cancel out of the dialog that says for you to sync/erase. Then right click on the iPad under the devices list and choose Transfer Purchases. This normally stops the erase problem.

Thanks. This procedure works. However, I am finding out that iTunes does not appear to see or recognize any material (music, books etc), that was not purchased through the iTunes store. From the little research online, there are several third party software that could be used to transfer from iPad. Would appreciate a link to any discussion on this forum regarding the use of such programs.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nevis99 said:
Thanks. This procedure works. However, I am finding out that iTunes does not appear to see or recognize any material (music, books etc), that was not purchased through the iTunes store. From the little research online, there are several third party software that could be used to transfer from iPad. Would appreciate a link to any discussion on this forum regarding the use of such programs.

Such programs may exist. I don't have a link handy, but a google search usualy turns up several options.

OP
N

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevis99 said:

Such programs may exist. I don't have a link handy, but a google search usualy turns up several options.

Thanks, I did, and finally settled on IMacsoft's "iPad to PC Transfer". It was the least expensive ($19.99) and worked like a charm !

Most reactions

Latest posts