What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

had my ipad for about an hour "/

groomy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got an ipad2 today and i'm struggling to get my SIM card to work with it :(
firstly, yes i got the 3G version before anybody asks :p ... my iphone contract has data enabled so erm yeah, somebody make it work please :eek:

thanks in advance
xoxo

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
groomy said:
just got an ipad2 today and i'm struggling to get my SIM card to work with it :(
firstly, yes i got the 3G version before anybody asks :p ... my iphone contract has data enabled so erm yeah, somebody make it work please :eek:

thanks in advance
xoxo

Hi.

In order to use 3G you do have to activate a separate data account for your iPad.
Depending on which carrier you use, you may be able to share data from your iPhone account. There may be a nominal monthly fee for that, $10-$15 but no more.

For now, try tethering between your iPad and iPhone, using your iPhone's "personal wifi hotspot" feature.

Welcome to the forum.

AA

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
groomy said:

thanks in advance
xoxo

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Regarding your question you have a 3G iPad but I don't understand what your iPhone has to do with it.
An iPad has its own sim card. Can you give us some more info on what you are trying to do.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
G

groomy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if i put my iphone SIM in my ipad it doesn't work ... my price plan has data on it.
think my dad said something about getting the APN's changed(??)

thanks for responding so quickly :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You MUST have a separate SIM card and data plan for the iPad, you cannot use the iPhone SIM. In fact, history and Interwebz rumours have shown that carriers get very displeased if you try to use an iPhone SIM in an iPad. The carrier notices it - and then your iPhone account gets messed up or deleted.

I'm not in the UK, but I do know there are many providers there that will provide you with a SIM card and a data plan, for a fee, of course. I'm sure other UK dwellers can help you figure out which ones to use (best price, plans, etc.).

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
G

groomy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pffff ...
well what a flippin con!!
£100 extra then now guna be eeeeven more money for something i already have!!
grrrrrrr :(
thanks for the advice though marilyn :)

xoxo

Most reactions

Latest posts