What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hacking

luii909

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm trying to jail break or download software for hacks I. Finding it hard to do.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Need a bit more info here. Which version of iOS are you running?

And what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
L

luii909

iPF Noob
Reaction score
naina afridi said:
Can i update ios 6 with my ios 5 jail broken?

Yea I'm sure u can .. Shouldn't be a proble iOS is just the type of sever n software ipad is running.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just be a bit careful here. I don't know whether you need to lose the jailbreak before updating, or whether simply updating will get rid of it.

Proceed with caution.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just be a bit careful here. I don't know whether you need to lose the jailbreak before updating, or whether simply updating will get rid of it.

Proceed with caution.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I was under the impression that updating would remove a jailbreak. I agree, proceed with caution.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can i update ios 6 with my ios 5 jail broken?

Yes, you can. Connect the iPad to iTunes and then, in the main Summary tab, click the Restore button (make a backup for your iPad first). iTunes will do its magic and, after prompting, choose to "restore from backup" - and you'll be on iOS 6.0.1. This, obviously, will take some time. :)

Just be aware that you will lose your jailbreak as there is none for iOS 6 ... yet.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts