What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grove or Switcheasy Canvas?

doubledown7d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm torn between the two. Had a preorder for the Grove but can get refund. It will still be almost twice as expensive including shipping, and if I got artwork like I originally planned it is a dealbreaker pricewise. It is certainly beautiful but will it feel too bulky?
On the otherhand, for the price the Canvas seems to be getting recieved positively for functionality. I certainly don't have the emotional pull for the materials like I do the Grove, but I'll probably sell and upgrade when the 3 eventually trickles out and who knows, it may be a completely different form factor. I'm sure cases don't count much at resale.
I love hearing opinions, so what's yours. Which would you choose and why?

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a little hard to compare since they are in a completely different categories. I got my Canvas in brown yesterday and I'm pretty impressed with the quality. Free screen protector was also makes the price justifiable. Below is a close-up of the case to show it's quality/material:

More pics

bocaspbx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
doubledown said:
I'm torn between the two. Had a preorder for the Grove but can get refund. It will still be almost twice as expensive including shipping, and if I got artwork like I originally planned it is a dealbreaker pricewise. It is certainly beautiful but will it feel too bulky?
On the otherhand, for the price the Canvas seems to be getting recieved positively for functionality. I certainly don't have the emotional pull for the materials like I do the Grove, but I'll probably sell and upgrade when the 3 eventually trickles out and who knows, it may be a completely different form factor. I'm sure cases don't count much at resale.
I love hearing opinions, so what's yours. Which would you choose and why?

I need a case now, so going with switch easy.

jacksonian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a little hard to compare since they are in a completely different categories. I got my Canvas in brown yesterday and I'm pretty impressed with the quality. Free screen protector was also makes the price justifiable. Below is a close-up of the case to show it's quality/material:

More pics
How does the Canvas feel on the outside? My wife loved her original Apple case because it felt nice to hold while she read books.

sebek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the black SwitchEasy Canvas, and I absolutely love it. I still look at other cases to see what's new and still think the Canvas is the best. My ipad 2 looks secure and (at least to me) it doesn't feel bulky at all.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does the Canvas feel on the outside? My wife loved her original Apple case because it felt nice to hold while she read books.

It feels like smooth canvas... very little texture there so it's 'kindda' feels like plastic but not really. It feels smooth/soft to touch and your hand doesn't stick like you would with plastic (due to the texture.)

OP
doubledown7d

doubledown7d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Canceled my preorder. Ordering a canvas tomorrow ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts