What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Griffin survivor case

drich290195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered one of these for when I'm deployed to afgan anyone got any experience of these. Are they any good

Cord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the specs it looks great, better than my Otterbox Defender. But the Survivor is available only for the iPad 2 from what I read on their website and I have the iPad 1 classic so I am out of luck. Good luck on your deployment... Watch you Six !
Garry Owen

Last edited:
OP
drich290195

drich290195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers buddy looking forward to the case coming

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks nice for it's intended purpose although its not quite my taste. That could change if my designer case proves to be less functional than I hoped for. The price is certainly reasonable so you already have me beat and somewhat remorseful.:(

Last edited:

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been waiting for mine for 3 weeks. Canceled it and bought the gumdrop. Should get it this week.

targa88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad i

From the specs it looks great, better than my Otterbox Defender. But the Survivor is available only for the iPad 2 from what I read on their website and I have the iPad 1 classic so I am out of luck. Good luck on your deployment... Watch you Six !
Garry Owen
Confirmed with the manufacturer that it is and will not be available for IPAD I

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my Survivor case about a week and a half ago. Here are my thoughts.

* Does make the iPAD a lot heavier from the rubber part of the case
* much harder to type because of the case part around the screen makes it tougher to hit the space bar, I keep hitting the letter N a lot
* Durable. dropped ipad a couple of times and i did not worry a bit. Solid case
* I like the built in stand, that also holds the unit on angle when on a table. Not so good for typing in your lap
* No impact on the screen sensitivity, the protector is good and I have no issues with responsiveness
* Port covers - not all of them are as tight fitting as I would like. Specifically the one covering the microphone at the top is pretty loose. I worry these will be loose at the wrong time in a rain storm and then the unit gets wet.

Out of 5 stars I would give is 3.5. Solid case, but not perfect.

appleipadgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh... it is really too bulky for me, the thickened silicon makes the sexy iPad stupid. :p

OP
drich290195

drich290195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got mine must agree with the weight but I quite like the solid feel , also agree about the microphone cover not fitting to tight. Aldosterone makes a few creaks and groans as I hold but overall I'm impressed will do the job I ask of it.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks nice, wish it had a hard cover for the face when transporting or throwing in a bag. I had the Otterbox Defender but sold it because the front cover left portions in each corner of the screen exposed which defeats the purpose.

OP
drich290195

drich290195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really good case should stand up too afgan now theirs a test I'll review it properly when I'm back lol iPad 2 in the field lol

Tallpine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My adapters (USB and SD) do not fit into the Survivors charging port. Really makes me mad that I cannot import my pictures directly.

ospreyfe55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't mean to jack your thread but I just picked up a new iPad 2 along with a Griffin Survivor case due to my upcoming deployment as well however I did notice that the case doesn't allow for the camera kit to connect! I am now looking into a 30 pin extension cable or wondering if the the digital A/V adapter will work with camera kit.

Most reactions

Latest posts