What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings!

agility

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my first iPad --a white WiFi-only 32g. I've been a software architect for a long time, but this is my first experience with the Apple UI. I'm really enjoying this iPad so far!:)

A first question: How do you move a bookmark to the bookmarks bar? I've downloaded an app called Instapaper and successfully installed its bookmark in Safari but somehow didn't get it into the bookmark bar where it needs to be.

TIA!

-- Sheri

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!
I'd recommend reading the forum rules and looking at some of the stickies threads on here. Many of them are very useful, if you have time (and you'll need quite a bit) I'd also recommend reading the tips and tricks thread (search for it using the search bar) as that has some really useful pointers in it. A friendly reminder about any questions you may have, it's always best to search function to find something out first as the chances are your query has been answered before, whats more you'll often get a faster answer as it can take a while for someone to come along that can help sometimes. If however, you search to no avail, go ahead and post something (preferably in the correct section [speeds up your answer and makes less work for the admins]), chances are someone will be able to help.
As for your' question I've attached some screenies that should show you how to get the bookmark in the bookmarks bar.
1: Tap the bookmark button.
2: Tap Edit
3: Tap the bookmark you want to move.

4: Tap Bookmarks (this shows where the bookmark you've made currently resides).

5: Tap the place you want to move it; in this case the bookmarks bar.

PS apologies for all the black, I realised I'd taken the SS' with my Facebook tab open ;).
Hope I've helped!

Sent via iPF from my iPad2 iOS 5.1.

Attachments

• image-1731127165.jpg
    image-1731127165.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 172
  • image-2815799903.jpg
    image-2815799903.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 165
  • image-2361921952.jpg
    image-2361921952.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 168

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Sheri and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

The Archangel

OP
A

agility

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all so much! I've started reading the tips and tricks forum --what great info! I'll post in more appropriate forums in the future.

I really appreciate the bookmark moving tip; I had searched for this one and hadn't found an answer (but hey, I'm still quite a noob :) ).

I'm really loving my new iPad...

-- Sheri

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's great to hear, you will find some really great tips in that thread, hope you've made yourself comfy as its such a long thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts