What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings

Harlen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Retired guy, advanced user of PCs for decades and was basically an Apple avoider because their products were more expensive than Microsoft’s, and the budding techie in me couldn’t open one up and make additions.

Still have my desktop and laptop PCs which I use a lot but the portability of tablet computing finally caught my attention and when I researched both the Apple and non-Apple brands, Apple led the pack and the cost was comparable.

The final straw that broke my anti-Apple back was my passion for boating in the Pacific Northwest where I live. My wife and I spend a lot of time on our 38’ trawler and the ability to access important boating apps, especially weather related ones, while on the water was the clincher. The ability to easily turn and off the 3G coverage both in the US and Canada is key.

I still don’t have my new iPad in hand; it should arrive tomorrow, but am looking forward to learning and having fun with it.

I am very pleased to find this forum (I use a similar one for my boating interactions called BoaterEd) and know how helpful it will be to easily access the input of many fellow iPad users, and to share my experiences as I become more proficient.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Harlen-so glad that you joined the forum! My husband is a sailor and races annually with the Port Huron to Mackinaw Island. It's really a big event and very fun!! Hope you enjoy your stay and gain some good information here!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Most reactions