What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Noob with ios 3.2, how to hack and jb?

hugenut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These threads are all overwhelming to me, because I have my Ipad from the first couple of weeks that the original ipad came out last year that shows ios version 3.2 (7B367) that I have not updated, and all the info I read doesn't seem to apply to me and my antique ios version. I don't really even see 3.2 listed much anywhere.

I also have whatever older version of itunes was that was out at the time.

I have never upgraded to a newer ios version or itunes version, ignoring the prompts.

How do I go about jailbreaking now, or is it too late in the game?

Everything seems to be geared toward the newest and latest and greatest ios and itunes versions.

I am lost, and would greatly appreciate help so I can join the jailbreaking world. Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry that your post got overlooked. There are so many posts each day. I'm not a hacking 'expert' but I think you need to update to a recent version of iOS - you'll see that the latest version, iOS 4.3.1 has been jailbroken for tethered operation, so there's no real reason not to update.

I'm sure now your post has been 'bumped' you'll get some answers but get back again if you need any more help

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hugenut said:
These threads are all overwhelming to me, because I have my Ipad from the first couple of weeks that the original ipad came out last year that shows ios version 3.2 (7B367) that I have not updated, and all the info I read doesn't seem to apply to me and my antique ios version. I don't really even see 3.2 listed much anywhere.

I also have whatever older version of itunes was that was out at the time.

I have never upgraded to a newer ios version or itunes version, ignoring the prompts.

How do I go about jailbreaking now, or is it too late in the game?

Everything seems to be geared toward the newest and latest and greatest ios and itunes versions.

I am lost, and would greatly appreciate help so I can join the jailbreaking world. Thanks.

Hi, sorry it took you so long to get help. Read the sticky on shsh and use tiny umbrella to start saving them form now on. That keeps your options open in the future.

If you want to take the plunge, you will likely need to go to 4.3.1, the current firmware and update to latest iTunes. Make sure you sync and backup your iPad before you dabble with the jailbreak.
The good news is you can jailbreak that with redsn0w (which is liklely to be the easiest method for you). Read the methods sticky too.

I'll try and check back later to see how you are getting on. I'm on vacation at the moment so not around for too long per session..., but there are lots of othere helpful members that can assist. Good luck!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts