What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great looking IPAD stand by Twelve South

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a great IPAD stand that I am using,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynRUtDAPXJ8
I have this stand. It IS great, but I travel a good bit and to the TSA agent looking at my backpack, this appears as it if is a weapon. I tried taking it out and putting in in the basket with my laptop (which I carry as well as my iPad) but that caused unending consternation. In the end I bought a ZaggMate which works like a charm.

gordonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have the Compass - works great for me in conjunction with the Bluetooth keyboard. It was one of the few that I found that allows me stand up the iPad with my case on. Agreed it's not as stable as it could be, but better than my case when I use it as a stand. I also have the Griffin one, but the angle is a little steep for me when I'm working. Fine for viewing though.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So many options for iPad stands I can't decide =/

I know the feeling exactly. I suppose you do need to do your research and take your time, ask questions, compare prices and know what you need/expect before you buy it.

For me, the selling point of the Compass was its portability: it folds up and you can pack it anywhere to bring along.

gordonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point on the portability!! That was one of the key reasons I bought it:) I've actually been starting to use my iPad at work a fair amount for certain things. I've also been kinda eying the cases with the integrated keyboards, but in my area, they don't really stock them and I really would prefer to see in person before buying. Reviews are one thing, but nothing like picking up the real thing:)

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is still my best portable one, but it is nowhere as good or sturdy as a Modulr case and stand that I've been using. The modulr one will never tip over or pop off accidently and is far better for typing on.

I still stand by my original opinion that this compass design is flawed. if you do not need to touch the iPad while it's on the stand, then it's fine. but given that it's a TOUCH inteface.....

Most reactions

Latest posts