What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great looking IPAD stand by Twelve South

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great IPAD stand that I am using,
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynRUtDAPXJ8[/ame]

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great looking? I like the Compass myself and find the design clever (I first heard about them here), but it's no aesthetic beauty. At home, I use one of those wooden slot thingies, which are quite nice.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really, if you put any weight on either of the top corners it still topples over. This could have been a really good stand with a few minor adjustments.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I officially hate this thing. Just spent an hour trying to type on it and nothing but frustration. I know I've already said it above, but really, avoid it.

Does it look cool? yes
Is it well Built? kinda
Does it work? No

It just topples over regardless of what position you stand it in. Landscape, portrait, vertical, horizontal....all topple over. I do not even type hard, and just the pressure required to push the one and only button on the device is enough to topple the thing over.

Bad design. Needs a wider leg span, and pegs that actually hold the unit in place instead of something just to rest it on.

Good for Digital Picture frame. Bad for everything else.

It's a bad design.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I officially hate this thing. Just spent an hour trying to type on it and nothing but frustration. I know I've already said it above, but really, avoid it.
It's a bad design.

I have had the exact opposite experience from what you've described - it is a stable typing platform and ergonomically angled just right (for me, anyway.) I have not once had the iPad tipping over on any of the corners, including pushing the home button.

eggfarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can you put this in a lower position without it tipping over from the weight of the ipad so you don't have to reach up so high to type and if you can put it in a lower position is the flexible arm strong enough to support the iPad without it drooping??

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago. I needed something for school that would hold my iPad in the landscape position, almost vertical. I then use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard for typing.

My big motivator was the fact that it folds up into a small foot print. The stand works great. I have not issues using it in this configuration.

I would buy another one, that is if this thing ever needs replacing.

Great product, killer styling, and sells at a fair price.
iCrush

Reaction score
I was looking for a stand and just found this thread... I ended up ordering a SnakeClamp... Worth checking out and great customer service.

My two cents...

SFC :)

Most reactions

Latest posts