What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got your Canadian iPad Preorder yet?

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well mine is still listed as being at the depot in Mississauga. Champing at the bit!

Anyone have theirs yet?

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, nothing here - it is only 7am. Mine is still showing as having left Memphis - no updates in 30 hours. Here's hoping!

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have mine yet. Apple sent me an email saying that due to a flight delay, FedEx won't deliver it until Saturday morning. Tracking info still shows as left Memphis.

However, I just got off the phone with FedEx and the customer service rep told me that it has arrived in Canada and cleared customs and will be delivered by 6pm today.

Don't know who to believe just hope it gets here soon!

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't lose hope Omro. Mine came. Estimated delivery was 10:30 and it arrived at 10:05AM. The status on tracking is still showing it to be at the sorting facility in Mississauga. I'm only .5km away. The tracking was never updated as to being on the truck. The FedEx employee said she had a very busy day ahead.

OP
O

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't lose hope Omro. Mine came. Estimated delivery was 10:30 and it arrived at 10:05AM. The status on tracking is still showing it to be at the sorting facility in Mississauga. I'm only .5km away. The tracking was never updated as to being on the truck. The FedEx employee said she had a very busy day ahead.

That's irksome, so it could already have arrived at the uni post room

Update - no FedEx deliver to us at midday

Holly - are you in love/lust with your iPad?

Last edited:

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
11:15AM - It's got to be a busy day for FedEx. I just checked my tracking to see if it was marked delivered. They have updated to it being at a Local Facility at 8:30AM from the Sorting Destination Facility. It was delivered an hour ago and the tracking hasn't been updated to reflect that. Usually it seems to update before the truck leaves the driveway.

Haven't opened it yet. Waiting to see if the cover that my sister sent me from Niagara Falls a week ago (Fri) arrives with the regular mail. It was in an envelope. Funny that it is taking longer to come 1 1/2 hours drive away that a parcel takes to come from China which was sent on Tuesday. If I don't get this silicone cover, I've got one from Future Shop at three times the price which I can use. It's unopened and will be returned if the other one comes and the quality is the same. I don't want to risk getting scratches! I have a neoprene zippered case and screen protector to use as well.

OP
O

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Apple case but that isn't anywhere near here. I may have to stop via FS and grab a skin. The screen protector I bought from a US supplier the same day I bought the iPad so that's sat here waiting to be applied.

OMG I'm a bit freaked out. I want my iPad!! lol

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was getting impatient as my status still says leaving Memphis - so I phoned FedEx. Mine is on a plane to Vancouver, should be landing soon and is still on schedule to be delivered by 6pm today!

OP
O

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine arrived 11:15 then got caught in conversation, now finally getting it ready.
OMG applying the screen protector is turning into a trauma lol

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI to those waiting:

FedEx just informed me that for updates you should call them, not check the website, as it is malfunctioning.

They also told me that they have made a commitment to Apple that they will be out delivery iPads until midnight tonight (5/28) local times, and any that were unable to be delivered will be done by noon tomorrow (5/29) local time.

Makes me feel much better to be honest...

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My FedEx driver just called me personally to ask if somebody will be home between 4pm and 5pm to sign for the iPad delivery because that's when he'll be passing by.

I thought that was great customer service... really happy with the way things are turning around! My iPad had only arrived in Memphis at 1am this morning and said it would be delayed until Monday, but now it's en-route for delivery. They really made a push. Great work FedEx.

Most reactions

Latest posts