What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gorillaz Recorded New Album on iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoQYw49saqc[/ame]​

Damon Albarn, lead singer of Gorillaz, has revealed that the cartoon band’s new album was recorded on his iPad while the band were on the road in America.

“I’ve made it on an iPad,†he told the NME. “I hope I’ll be making the first record on an iPad. Which is ironic, being the sort of technophobe and Luddite that I am. I’ve made a completely different kind of record.â€

Albarn also said that the sound of the album had been strongly influenced by the band’s experiences touring in the U.S. for the first time in 10 years. “It’s probably more American sounding than Blur (Albarn’s other band, of course!). It sounds like an English voice that has been put through the vocoder of America. It’s a studio album made in hotel rooms around America.â€

Despite the fact that Gorillaz already released an album this year – Plastic Beach – Albarn said that he hopes that the new iPad-recorded album will be released before the end of 2010.

Exciting news indeed,that such a major group might release an album recorded entirely on the iPad!

Source: NME, via Contact Music

sammcneill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas what apps he might have been using? Can you really record an album with 'Studiotrack' and 'multitrack DAW'?

Most reactions

Latest posts