What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Voice on ipad?

xlar54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone got this to work? It appears it only works with the iphone. We need a way to spoof the browser to appear as a Mac desktop version of Safari. Guess Ill keep Skype for a bit longer...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't tried GV here yet, but as far as "spoofing" the web browser, you might want to look at the Atomic web browser app. This browser will allow you to set your browser so that it appears to be Safari (desktop, mobile, iPod or iPad version), Firefox or IE6,7 or 8.

It's not free, it's a whopping $0.99!

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works for me with the Atomic as Mobile Safari-iPad. I do have Skype too which is very good for my international travel where GV is no good.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean to use it to ring your phone or the new making calls like skype ability.

To make a call you have to install a plugin, so it's not as simple as spoofing identity.

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean to use it to ring your phone YES-Landline or cell-or the new making calls like skype ability.(has to be in your Gmail account)

I am not familiar with this--->To make a call you have to install a plugin, so it's not as simple as spoofing identity.

My two cents.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean to use it to ring your phone YES-Landline or cell-or the new making calls like skype ability.(has to be in your Gmail account)

I am not familiar with this--->To make a call you have to install a plugin, so it's not as simple as spoofing identity.

My two cents.

They just added a skype like telephony feature to gmail chat. It dials out using your gvoice number. Pretty cool! But it requires a plugin so it wouldn't work on an iPad even using the full gmail website.

Oddly enough the reason it says it won't work is because it requires flash.......ummm, why? There is no animation, all the graphics work on the iPad...what is it using flash for?

Last edited:

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I noticed there is nothing in the iPad Gmail like in my laptop.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oddly enough the reason it says it won't work is because it requires flash.......ummm, why? There is no animation, all the graphics work on the iPad...what is it using flash for?
So it will only work on Android phones? Just an educated guess. :p

mrsgoofy98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try the app called whistle

I downloaded a free app called whistle, and it lets you dial local numbers in the US. Don't know if you can call international or not.

Most reactions

Latest posts