What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader Updated to 3.0

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GoodReader.jpg

GoodReader for iPad​

Good.iWare's popular GoodReader app has been updated to 3.0. This update has more to do with PDF annotating, but fixes some bugs as well.

The changes include:
- PDF Annotation Support
- You can now extract files from PDF file attachments
- New gestures
- The ability to hide PDF watermarks
- Corrected an issue in iOS 3.x that caused crashes on some PDF files
- Some graphical elements now displayed better
- File-size limitations lifted
- UI improvements
- WiFi and Bluetooth conflict fixed

While GoodReader does much more than just view PDF files, the annotate feature is a shot across the bow of iBooks. With GoodReader's much better file transfer, organization and storage features, this writer will surely delegate iBooks' PDF tab back to one of those sub-menu features that one forgets about.

One wonders if GoodReader shouldn't have been a default iPad app at launch but its good to see a small company making the iPad experience better - and turning a pretty penny as well. GoodReader is currently number three ($0.99) on the Productivity Top 100, behind only Pages and Numbers.

I tried the annotate feature and found it fast and easy to use.

ab9dccff.png

d3f1a5df.png

As a heavy GoodReader user, I was looking forward to this update.

Last edited:

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it, and just to clarify things. it is not an update. It is a new release of Goodreader for ipad with a 3.0 version.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's an excellent app and the ability to annotate pdfs has just increased it's usefulness.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an excellent app and the ability to annotate pdfs has just increased it's usefulness.

i agree, i've read the features. so i decided to get it. at 0.99$ it's just worth it. and i think they are planning to hike up the price. ;) anybody interested , get one.

got a question though. i was using the goodreader app for iphone and so most of the files i have are there. any easy way to transfer them to goodreader ipad app?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it, and just to clarify things. it is not an update. It is a new release of Goodreader for ipad with a 3.0 version.
...only if you do not already have GoodReader. I do have it and it is a free update for current owners.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i do have a goodreader , i got the one that's for iphone. i keep checking for updates for it. but found none.

Most reactions

Latest posts