What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

goodreader network addres invalid

ipadhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am new to forum an I hope I posted on the correct thread.

I just purchased Ipad 3 and in love with it.
I downloaded goodreader from the appstore and followed wifi proceedure to the T.
1st I set up ipad with wifi connection that connects to billion wifi router wich is connected to pc, windows 7 sp1 , 64. all ok with connection ,surfs the net , no problems.
2nd I set up goodraeader on ipad 3 to connect through wifi-all ok.Setup ip network address on win 7 as described proceedure in goodreader
3rd I go to add network location and type in ftp loation as described and I get invalid folder name.

All i want to do, is set it up so I can network between pc an ipad over the wireless network.I have no problems networking/sharing other 3 pc in the house.

Please help

Please see attached. edit. changed ip .167 to .168 same problem

Attachments

• ipad connection.JPG
    ipad connection.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's quite easy, and when it works it works well, I set mine up on my home network and work network

OP
I

ipadhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanking you for all your help. managed to get it working using ip address and using bonjour address and they finally both worked, enabled bonjour services as it was disabled. The the wierd problem was that connection only gets established only when i click on start menu and goto my computer folder,if I sit on desktop page connection hangs on waiting (goodreader connection page).
Also is it possible to connect to my windows share folder using goodreader.I have tried to connect using ftp server and sftp server without success .Other computers are all sharing network and so is WD Live box without any problems.
Main pc win 7 connected (hardwired) to billion wireless router.Ipad 3 using wireless connection

Most reactions