What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader a iCloud working?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As anyone managed to get Goodreader working with iCloud yet?

The version they just released is supposed to support iCloud, but the buttons are grayed out.

It's enabled, and works for other apps on the iPad.

Ideas?

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hesitate to mention this to such an experienced person as you, but - in the App Store - it says this feature requires iOS5.

Tim

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never be afraid to state the obvious my friend.....

I am running the GM.

iWork apps are successfully interacting with iCloud, so I know its working, as are PhotoStream and iCloud backups.

Goodreader simply won't enable...

-t

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I managed to activate the buttons - there is an iCloud "file" folder that I did not see earlier - however it does not yet think there are any files up there... Hmmm

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, it looks like Goodreader can only see files that it has uploaded to iCloud.

Still playing with it, but that's the appearance.

-t

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. The app would not let me upload one before for some reason :)

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny man :)

I think apps learn how to tease and torture developers...

I'm testing one now we developed and cannot reproduce a bug on one device that is 100% reproducible on another, otherwise identical device (both restored from the same backup file...)

Pure torture.

-t

skaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works fine for me. You need to upload something to iCloud via GoodReader first before the iCloud buttons on the right hand side work.

So, if you go into manage files in GoodReader, select a file, select copy and then choose iCloud it uploads the file to iCloud.

Once that is done you can go into your iCloud folder in GoodReader, click Manage Files and the Download, evict and publish buttons are then enabled.

OP
thewitt

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skaro said:
Works fine for me. You need to upload something to iCloud via GoodReader first before the iCloud buttons on the right hand side work.

So, if you go into manage files in GoodReader, select a file, select copy and then choose iCloud it uploads the file to iCloud.

Once that is done you can go into your iCloud folder in GoodReader, click Manage Files and the Download, evict and publish buttons are then enabled.

Yes I've got that working now. I was hoping to be able to access other files already in iCloud, like Pages documents.

-t

skaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly that's not the way iCloud will work as I understand it. All application data is sandboxed within iCloud :(

tosbsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and how do I access those documents from another broweser, like when I am away from my ipad? Only way I can get a link for them so far is using the publish feature which will prepare an email for me

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skaro, thanks for that info, I just got the cloud working with Goodreader because of your post, thanks!

Most reactions