What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goldman Sachs Says Slimmer iPad Could be Released Next Spring

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Rumours of a 2nd generation iPad have been circulating for several months now, so many in fact that it gets a little difficult to separate the fact from the fiction, and hard to know which sources to believe and which to discount. However, when Goldman Sachs analysts and experts start pontificating and speculating on the arrival of a new iPad, it seems to carry more credibility than some of the other sources.

According to CNET's The Digital Home blog, Goldman Sachs yesterday released an investment report in which it said that Apple will release a new iPad in Spring 2011, with the same sized screen as the current version, but it will be markedly thinner, lighter and easier to hold. Goldman Sachs also said that it expected the second gen iPad to have a camera and a mini USB drive. And as far as those rumours of a 7-inch iPad are concerned, Goldman Sachs said that plans to release a smaller tablet have still not been finalised by Apple, so it looks like all the reports of a 7-inch iPad coming before the end of the year were way off the mark.

Apple as usual made no comment on the Goldman Sachs report.

Source: CNET

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it. New one is coming. Ill just give this one to my girl and get me the new one. ;-). Good find, by the way.

cgorney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cheapestappleipad.co.uk
All sounds good, but not sure about the USB port.

Apple have made good money licensing products that are compatible with the Apple connector, so I'm not sure they'd give up a lot of this revenue by letting folks dock anything they like via USB.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is a "mini USB drive"?

That timeline makes a lot more sense than this fall like some reports. Its in keeping with Steve Jobs' everyone-should-buy-a-new-iPod-every-year philosophy.

I wont be buying it. I spent enough on this one and it does the job for me. I would love one with a camera, but I'm ok without it.

Most reactions