What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail or Exchange

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are switching to a google apps email for work. I need to be organized between my laptop, iPhone and iPad with a few hundred emails a day coming through. What do you suggest as far as how to pull my email . . . Gmail or exchange. Or do I not have a choice since it's a google apps biz email?

Thanks in advance!
JJ

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you set GMail up as Exchange, it works better. You can sync Contacts and multiple calendars. Both account types are about the same for working with emails themselves. In my experience the standard IMAP setup is a bit snappier to update, but they both work the same in Mail.

Not sure how that works with the biz email, but worth a try.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

The inevitable folders (labels) to organize stuff will have to be set up on the Google site, but they will sync to the iPad automatically with either setup.

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will have a much better experience using an Exchange iOS acct to connect to you google apps email. Just make sure your admin enables it in the settings ( it did not used to be on by default altho that may have changed in the last year or so ).

Most reactions

Latest posts