What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail - NOT!!!!

ohugh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have IPAD with latest OS. Used gmail for about six months -great!
Stopped getting mail. Stopped sending mail.
Removed account, replaced account, started getting mail again
Month later stopped getting mail, stopped sending mail
Removed account, replaced account Nothing
Tried the forum - removed all the cookie / cache / etc
Nothing
Tried to find the DB with the big Red "M". haven't found it?
Can use Safari to Gmail site and get mail
Can get Gmail oxn pc's
Can get mail loaded from .me

Would appreciate any ideas

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Edit: See my latter reply before proceeding with any suggestions here.

Double check your Google Mail to make sure it still has IMAP enabled.

There is an alternate procedure for syncing Google with the iPad. It uses the Exchange setup instead of the GMail one. You could try it.

Link here: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

I really think this is a stopgap, even if it works. Something isn't working quite right, but other than IMAP I can't think of anything that should cause this.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Which reminds me, before you go changing all your settings you might want to try this.

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

Most reactions