What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glitchy passcode screen

ttcotten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone please help me?!? My son's IPad 4 had the screen replaced due to a crack. He got it home and plugged it in and was playing Minecraft and then it started glitching. He turned it off and when it came back up it asked for his passcode. When he types in the passcode the middle line does not type, it defaults to the first line. I thought maybe if I disabled the passcode and just get in I can figure out whats going on. Has anyone experienced this glitch?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me?!? My son's IPad 4 had the screen replaced due to a crack. He got it home and plugged it in and was playing Minecraft and then it started glitching. He turned it off and when it came back up it asked for his passcode. When he types in the passcode the middle line does not type, it defaults to the first line. I thought maybe if I disabled the passcode and just get in I can figure out whats going on. Has anyone experienced this glitch?
There are knowledgeable people here whether or not they have replaced screens and may have solutions. But it seems to me possible that the screen replacement job may not have been done properly. There should be some warranty period for the work if it was done professionally and your son paid for it, eg through Apple or other expert repairer. And you should be able to take it back.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with above......take it back to where the screen was replaced and have them look at it.

Sounds like part of the touch screen is not responding and may be a connection issue when installing the new screen.

OP
T

ttcotten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both! You are right. I called the place that replaced the screen and they told me it was a bad screen. So it is back in the shop. Pheww at least that is all it was. I was afraid it was something major. Thanks again!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you both! You are right. I called the place that replaced the screen and they told me it was a bad screen. So it is back in the shop. Pheww at least that is all it was. I was afraid it was something major. Thanks again!

Could you please tell us where you are getting it replaced and the approx. cost?
Just good information just in case the need arises...

Thanks...

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Glad it worked out for you. There are enough worries in this world without having to worry about lousy screens LOL
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts