What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting "kicked out" from an App to Homescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it normal to every once in a while get kicked out of an app back to home screen suddenly? It seems to happen more often to me when I am on the page that shows all my apps or links that are currently open. Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can do 2 things delete app and down load again which will be free and also do a hard restart hold down home and off button until white apple logo appears.

Some times it is a memory thing or it can be a bug in the App which most likely will be corrected in an upgrade

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it happens in one particular app, you can also try killing that apps' process. It is harmless, doesn't delete the app or any saved data.

To "kill the app", do this:
While the offending app is running, hold down the Sleep button until you get the "Slide to power off" screen.
Instead of sliding, just press and hold the Home button until that screen gets canceled and you get put back at the Home screen.

Your app that was acting weird should be back to normal. I use this most when my Safari freezes. I've also used this on apps that were "working yesterday, but keep crashing today".

This fixes the apps. I've only had to do a hard reset maybe three times when the whole iPad froze up and I couldn't even get the Home button to respond.

ctuhulu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been happening to me but in all apps. I get kicked out of all apps. Have done two hard resets and nothing. Need help. Not even the nightstand app will run continuously

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting the iPad. Switch it off and then hold down the Power and Home buttons simultaneously until the white Apple logo appears - can take quite a while, say up to 20 seconds. The iPad will then reboot.

Tim

ctuhulu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope tried that several times and did not work. Very frustrating as this the second time i type this as it also kicked me out of this app that i just installed last night and kicks me out while typing. My ipad is now useless at less than a year old. I ought there were other people out ther with same issues.

Any other ideas?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You seem to have tried everything so it looks as though there's a hardware fault. Why not return it to the Apple Store and they'll exchange it for a new one.

Tim

vanessatom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did u find a solution?

I seem to be having the same issue that started yesterday when I updated an app and it kicked me out so I uninstalled it, rebooted it with no resolution. Any tips?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try the immediate fix as mentioned above by closing out the app? What version are your running and what ipad gen do you have?

Stt4life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad trouble

Nope tried that several times and did not work. Very frustrating as this the second time i type this as it also kicked me out of this app that i just installed last night and kicks me out while typing. My ipad is now useless at less than a year old. I ought there were other people out ther with same issues.

Any other ideas?

I have been having the same problem as well & it has made me frustrated and reconsider even buying another Apple product. I spoke to an Apple representative on the phone who told me that it sounds like the screen must have a glitch. One thing that has worked for me is to not use my wifi but use the AT&T service instead it has reduced the amount of logging out the iPad does but this has become more costly. If you have the iPad with 3G service maybe you should try that and see if it helps.

Selenasinluv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stt4life said:
I have been having the same problem as well & it has made me frustrated and reconsider even buying another Apple product. I spoke to an Apple representative on the phone who told me that it sounds like the screen must have a glitch. One thing that has worked for me is to not use my wifi but use the AT&T service instead it has reduced the amount of logging out the iPad does but this has become more costly. If you have the iPad with 3G service maybe you should try that and see if it helps.

Me too!!! Every app crashes on me!

garyburnett44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue with a brand new ipad3. Took it back to store and they exchanged it for a new one. Out of the box the new has the same issue. It was not caused by any downloaded app because I set the new machine up from scratch. After much research got a workaround by not adding any email accounts or using icloud. The ipad has been OK since I took these steps. I can access email using hotmail on safari. Not ideal but works. Maybe a future OS upgrade may resolve?
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts