What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting dvds I own on to iPad

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have some exercise DVDs I own & use regularly by playing them in my Apple laptop. I would really like to get them onto my iPad. This would allow me to just prop up my iPad and exercise along with the program without hauling along the laptop and all the discs.

How would I get these DVDs onto my Ipad?

Thanks for much for your help.

jgumphress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
umphress.web.officelive.com
Those are all good but do require a little effort. I have all of them but I chose to buy Pocket DVD (PQ DVD). It's not free but works every time and is easy to self learn with no fuss. It even works on "locked" DVDs. And will send directly to the iTunes video section for syncing. I first used them for their DVD-to-Palm Treo software. So they have been around for awhile.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally, the quick free easy method i use is to rip the dvd to my hard drive first using DVD SHRINK , then convert to ipad format, via about 2 buttons, using HAND BRAKE.

The link I posted is free. Dvd shrink wont bypass current encryption methods on the dvd.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jgumphress said:
Those are all good but do require a little effort. I have all of them but I chose to buy Pocket DVD (PQ DVD). It's not free but works every time and is easy to self learn with no fuss. It even works on "locked" DVDs. And will send directly to the iTunes video section for syncing. I first used them for their DVD-to-Palm Treo software. So they have been around for awhile.

They don't have the software for iPad, just iPod on their website. What are you actually using?

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In all fairness I am yet to find any method that takes less than and hour to convert a DVD to iPad!!

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're probably not going to find a faster method.

A typical movie on DVD is 4-5 + Gig and you're crunching it down to about 1 Gig. That much work while maintaining quality takes time.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great topic for me, i have been thinking of transfering my dvd movies to my laptop and now i know how to transfer movies to mu ipad. Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
You can use dvdfab hd decryptor to rip the dvd's to you mac and then use handbrake to compress/convert for ipad.
DVDFab HD Decrypter. Free to Decrypt DVD and Blu-ray, free to Copy DVD and Blu-ray.

Just not sure if they have mac versions of the program as I am on windows.

I use DVDfab and it has had an update that it now has a tap to convert to iPad format and when the movie is done you drop and drag the movie right into iTunes and sync the movie to you iPad. Easy, simple and good quality

Most reactions

Latest posts