What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get IPad 2 now or wait for Ipad3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragolfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum and just saying Hi! I do not have an Ipad yet but am going to get one. Is the rumor of an Ipad 3 in December coming from a reliable source? I would hate to get an Ipad 2 now with a new one coming out in a few months.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's all they are at present - rumours. It would be unlike Apple to do this - their normal product cycle is longer but - yes - there have been rumours - many reported on this Forum, so have a look at the threads that discuss this. You'll have to make up your own mind if you think they're credible.

Tim

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
Before you make your decision to wait for the 3 maybe figure out what it is you want it to do? I waited painstakingly for the 2 and am not fussed about later editions. The 2 does everything I need it to do and I guess once the 3 is out there will be a chance of a 4 so you could be waiting a while. The 2 is brilliant, I love it, I don't leave home without it. You won't be disappointed with the 2.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
Before you make your decision to wait for the 3 maybe figure out what it is you want it to do? I waited painstakingly for the 2 and am not fussed about later editions. The 2 does everything I need it to do and I guess once the 3 is out there will be a chance of a 4 so you could be waiting a while. The 2 is brilliant, I love it, I don't leave home without it. You won't be disappointed with the 2.

Excellent post. ^^

Or ~

I hear the 7 is going to be great!:D

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Excellent post. ^^

Or ~

I hear the 7 is going to be great!:D

Yeah, it's a bit like that. The same thing is happening with the new iPhone 5 that is supposed to hit the stores. People are waiting but without any definitive words on it's appearance into the market. I have the 4 which is a brilliant companion with the iPad 2 and feel well equipped and mobile.
Wouldn't give either of them up.

OP
R

ragolfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I agree you could just keep waiting until the next model... Well I took the plunge and got the iPad 2. Man this thing is fun. I got a 32 gb black with 3G.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ragolfer said:
Thanks for the input. I agree you could just keep waiting until the next model... Well I took the plunge and got the iPad 2. Man this thing is fun. I got a 32 gb black with 3G.

No way! I just read that the 3 is coming out December 3rd with presales starting November 30th!

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
No way! I just read that the 3 is coming out December 3rd with presales starting November 30th!

Just kidding... Enjoy your new friend! You got a nice one there :)

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting on the i5 first, then later an iPad 3. I just got my first iPad so I'm in no real hurry to upgrade at the moment.

zoro2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait for the new model if the time of its release soon.

jencymikki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't wait. They have already added Facetime and the A5 Processor. Also, the iPad 2 is much slimmer. The only addition I can see them making is Retina Display, which is undoubtedly very nice, but if you don't mind a slightly less clean picture display... ignore it. I also think they might add a better camera seeing as how this one isn't very good, but nobody uses an iPad to take good pictures anyways seeing as how uncomfortable it is to hold up to take pictures.

vo0oZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought an iPad 2+gsm and I am still wondering if I should wait for the iPad 3, but I think u don't need an iPad 3, iPad 2 has everything and if it is for 4G, then 3G is more than enough for anybody. Also processor speed. Maybe screen resolution a little.
There must be something special in iPad 3 otherwise GO IPAD 2!!!
btw I saw the iPad 3 it looks like a big IPhone 4!

Last edited:

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iJayTate said:
Wait for the 3 then get the 2.

Right on! I waited for the 2 thinking I would find a good deal on a 1. Ended up getting a great deal on a 2 off craigslist. The 2 is all I need.

Now back to the point, how badly do you want an iPad? Are you willing to play the waiting game, a game without all the factors? Now if you knew for certain the 3 was coming out on a specific date, then you could make an intelligent decision. But you don't, therefore you can't.

If you can wait, wait. Otherwise get off the fence and go buy the 2 and enjoy it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions