What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gestures ipad 1

matt5968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my ipad1 to iOS 5 but cant get gestures to work. Can some one tell me what to do. Thanks alex

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry Alex. According to other members, we iPad original owners won't be getting gestures. Let's hope that changes soon.

charm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. Looks like the only remedy for us iPad 1 owners is to buy an iPad 2. On the bright side we can split the keyboard by putting two fingers in the middle and pull it apart. (you could also use the icon ). It brings back memories of my Blackberry thumb typing

OP
M

matt5968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would they do that... I was going to transition to apple I Mac also but if they pull this on loyal customers then I will stay with pc products.
I don't ever recall Microsoft doing that .....

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
matt5968 said:
Why would they do that... I was going to transition to apple I Mac also but if they pull this on loyal customers then I will stay with pc products.
I don't ever recall Microsoft doing that .....

As a long time dev, I could tell you a few horror stories with MS pulling back features that you spent time learning and integrating ;).

VicoPad addict!

LarryGB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Page 108 of the new iOS 5.0 manual, might give the reason for no multi-touch gesture support, as it looks like they are being used already in the VoiceOver Gesture API. Until I try it out, it would be nice to know if one could activate the screen multi-touch gestures, and disable the VO Gestures. May have to roll back to 4.3.5 to get my MT gestures back. Do miss them. :{

charm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I upgraded to OS 5.0.1, my settings for my IPad 1 saw a button marked Multi gestures that the default setting was off that I did not notice before

Most reactions